Machine Tool Services Supervisor Compression Systems
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11639
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377380 Date posted 12/18/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Supervisor Machine Tool Services for 1st shift to be based in Middletown, CT.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
CSMC has a current opening for a technically hardworking individual who has a true desire to lead and coach in a multifaceted operations environment. You will provide direction to skilled CSMC bargaining unit employees in daily efforts to repair and maintain manufacturing machinery. As a supervisor, you will lead the employee engagement and continuously improve efforts guided by our Roadmap and Control Tower objectives. ACE is our operating system, and we will look for this individual to lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the systemâ€s various elements. In addition to daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members is critical to the departmentâ€s success.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities
- Provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes
- Delegate effectively to develop personnel and effectively balance workload
- Assist and guide employees in the repair and refurbishment of manufacturing equipment
- Work proactivity to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving cell goals
- Demonstrate a 100% commitment to quality, EH&S, and Ace
- Proven track record in team leadership roles
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles
- Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer satisfaction through ACE operation system
- Candidates should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of operations experience.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- 1+ years of experience with manufacturing equipment and machinery repair
- Supervisor experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Aerospace Industry experience
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge/experience
- Microsoft Office/SAP experience
- Union Shop experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01377380
Community / Marketing Title: Machine Tool Services Supervisor Compression Systems
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US