Capital Project Specialist Compression Systems
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11633
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377132 Date posted 12/18/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an opening for a hardworking Capital Project Specialist Compression Systems on 1st shift to be based in Middletown, CT!
The sky has no limits.
The flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, but it also carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
CSMC is currently searching for a technically inclined individual to support Capital projects and who has a desire work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The successful candidate will work with a skilled team to develop and pursue plans to improve and sustain the Compression Systems manufacturing needs. These efforts will include the development, install, and support of new manufacturing equipment, financial planning, and close collaboration with the Manufacturing and Operations teams.
In addition to technical understanding and ability, a successful candidate should be proactive, team-oriented, and have a commitment to the betterment of Pratt & Whitney.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding operational and manufacturing challenges and implementing solutions
- Financial planning and tracking to monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals
- Composing business cases and creating data metrics
- Project Management for the installation of new or refurbished equipment
- Problem-solving unforeseen challenges
- Creating and implementing the long term vision of Pratt & Whitney Compression Systems
- A comprehensive understanding of industrial and manufacturing engineering
- Strong technical writing skills
- Construction or project management experience in an industrial/commercial environment
- An understanding of continuous improvement principles
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong computer skills and the ability to decipher data and convey information
- A 100% commitment to quality, EH&S, and Ace
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years overall Operations' experience including project management and/or construction in a shop environment.
- 1+ years of experience in Lean Manufacturing
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Office and/or SAP experience
Preferred Qualifications -
- Aerospace Industry experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01377132
Community / Marketing Title: Capital Project Specialist Compression Systems
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US