CE - Co-op Contract Cost Modeling & Analytics
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11631
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01375226 Date posted 12/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Commercial Engines Engine Services Business is responsible for commercial maintenance agreements covering engines across our portfolio. Under these maintenance contracts, the customers enlist P&W to manage the engine overhaul and repair requirements utilizing P&W network maintenance and repair centers. The biggest risks to the value of these contracts correlate to the length of time an engine stays on wing and the management of shop visit costs when the engines are inducted for overhaul. The Global Network and Cost Management organization is looking for a co-op that will be focused on one of the many areas of our business.
Examples of projects may include but are not limited to:
- Contract cost variance analysis
- Exploratory data analysis for operational engines
- Business model testing and query development
- Business analytics tool development
- Forecast shop visit cost for future engine maintenance
- Fit statistical models to existing maintenance data
- Minimum of 15 hours per week with an option of up to 40 hours per week for a Co-op position
- Minimum 1 year commitment
- All work is completed in East Hartford, CT
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Must currently be pursuing a Bachelorâ€s or Masterâ€s degree in Business Analytics or STEM field
- First year (Freshman) undergraduate coursework should be complete
- You are graduating between December 2021 to May 2023
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Experience in MS PowerPoint and Excel required
- Results and detail oriented
- Self-starter, who can prioritize to meet various deadlines
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and execute appropriate decision making in a fast paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01375226
Community / Marketing Title: CE - Co-op Contract Cost Modeling & Analytics
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US