MC&O - Manufacturing Engineering - 2020 Summer Internship
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11630
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01369853 Date posted 12/18/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.Â
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking talented engineering students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2020.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Identify & implement shop floor process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs
- Assist in creating and maintaining shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements)
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, machining processes and supplier support activities
- The intern will be given a specific process improvement task to take ownership of, and progress to completion throughout their internship.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.Â
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program. Preferred fields of study are Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internshipÂ
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higherÂ
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?Â
- Knowledge of forging. metal working, heat treatmentÂ or machining techniques and related processes
- Ability to work with CAD tools, and create engineering drawings or blue prints using ASME Y14.5
- Ability to troubleshoot / determine root cause in a production or office environment
- Ability to observe and record key events in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to interpret drawings and work instructionsÂ forÂ manufacture ofÂ parts and tooling
- Ability to interpret manufacturing inspection data to ensure product meets engineering blue prints
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams orÂ as an individual contributorÂ
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by complying with all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01369853
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O - Manufacturing Engineering - 2020 Summer Internship
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US