Operations Shop Supervisor, CTSC
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11610
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01374225 Date posted 12/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Operations Shop Supervisor, CTSC role at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
CTSC (Connecticut Stators and Components) is an aftermarket repair business located on P&W's East Hartford campus. The business specializes in the repair and overhaul of engine components including combustion chambers, stators, vane clusters, honeycomb shroud segments and hollow fan blades. It serves Pratt & Whitney as an internal supplier, and it serves a variety of global external customers as well.
This role works for the Operations Manager at CTSC and has leadership responsibilities for a staff consisting of hourly bargaining unit employees. This position is specifically focused on the 1st shift supervision of hourly employees. You will play a key role in the tactical and strategic direction of their day to day operations within their department.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provide leadership to production cell and ensure CTSC business unit is meeting production schedule and cost commitments without compromising safety of the work force or product quality.
- Maintain metrics for the cell and conduct daily Toolbox meetings. Participate in driving cell to Achieve Competitive Excellence (ACE) Gold.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to implement turn time reduction, cost savings, and environmental & health enhancements.
- Lead process improvement opportunities using ACE and Lean Strategies to enhance quality, decrease process cycle time and reduce operational costs.
- Strong focus and commitment to meeting customer needs. Individual is responsible for driving quick resolution of safety, quality, and technical issues.
- Lead all aspects of assigned hourly workforce: (Time & attendance, time off, rewards, vouchering, training, communications, etc). Coach employees to develop a motivated, effective team.
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by following all policies and procedures, finishing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities. Perform First Report of Injury investigations when an employee is injured on the job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management, Supply Chain or related field of study required.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in Engineering or Operations Management within a manufacturing facility is required. We will consider experience from other industries as long as they meet the combination of technical complexity and management experience required for this position.
- Graduate degree or MBA program.
- 5 or more years' experience in Operations Management or Engineering within an Aerospace manufacturing facility, repair station or forging facility.
- You have a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Continuous Improvement principles such as Six-Sigma, Achievable Competitive Excellence (ACE) or similar tools with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments.
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP, Team Center and Solumina experience is advantageous
- Familiar with turbofan engines and airfoil/blade components preferred; Engineering experience a plus.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01374225
Community / Marketing Title: Operations Shop Supervisor, CTSC
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US