Associate Director, Diversity & Inclusion
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11591
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377964 Date posted 12/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a vibrant and challenging environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? Pratt and Whitney has a unique opportunity for an Associate Director, Diversity and Inclusion. This position is responsible for creation and delivery of Pratt and Whitneyâ€s diversity & inclusion strategy. This incumbent will report into the Executive Director, Talent and will be based in East Hartford, CT.
The primary accountability of this role is to support Pratt and Whitneyâ€s growth strategy, by researching, designing and implementing a diversity and inclusion strategy that will attract, retain and develop the best leaders in the industry.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Partner with business and HR leaders to formulate and execute D&I strategy and programs to accelerate our efforts to recruit, develop, and retain our diverse workforce
- Partner with external organizations and our talent acquisition team to increase diversity in our hiring pipeline, business partners and vendors, and community outreach efforts
- Analyze and report on diversity data and research trends to ensure best in class and innovative solutions are continuously integrated into diversity and inclusion programs and practices.
- Support and guide employee resource groups which welcome and advance all employees at Pratt and Whitney
- Develop a strong external benchmark network with other top organizations and associations
- Support our Paradigm for Parity and Re-Empower initiative to help attract, develop and retain diverse talent
- Responsible for the successful delivery of our annual Diversity and Inclusion summit
- Accountable for the analytical and program management associated with the UTC diversity and inclusion strategy, such as senior level reporting (OMM), training, and communication.
- Develop and implement strategies and solutions to enable an inclusive work environment
- Support global implementation of programs that raise awareness and improve cultural competence
- Evaluate and benchmark current D&I programming to determine ROI and overall business impact
- Identify employee needs by partnering with HR and business unit councils to design and run focus groups, mine employee survey and exit interview data, etc
- Translate ideas into HR/D&I products and develop appropriate initiatives to meet the needs of the business including training, communication, and other events
- Engage organizations and leaders in the community in an effort to position Pratt and Whitney as an employer of choice
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 10+ years of related professional work experience in HR
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to influence through data driven recommendations
- Ability to define, articulate, and market a strategic vision and execution plan using data to generate insights and action.
- Both a big-picture thinker and a detail-oriented implementer.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management, up to and including the President and external service providers
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01377964
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Diversity & Inclusion
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US