Probe Services Welder and Machinist
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11588
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01377078 Date posted 12/16/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions!
Do you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice? This may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
Development Operations West Palm Beach Florida site operations is responsible for the validation of development military, commercial, and APU jet engines at its multiple test facilities. These engines are subsequently produced for use in a variety of government and commercial applications including the F35 Joint Strike Fighter, F22 Raptor, Bombardier C-Series, Airbus, Irkut, Embraer and Mitsubishi jet applications.
- Micro-Welding, induction brazing and brazing services for Non-interference stress measurement (NSMS) probes to support development testing for commercial and military engine programs.
- Fabricate holding fixtures required for Micro-Welding and brazing services for Non-interference stress measurement (NSMS) probes.
- Fabricate instrumentation parts to support development testing and assembly operations in WPB test facilities.
- Inspection of incoming Vendor manufactured parts to be welded or brazed will be required for acceptance
- Order and inventory expendables such as welding supplies and gases needed for weld shop operations
- This position involves a high degree of interaction with both the Measurement Systems Engineering design group, Probe Services optics installation group and test operations groups requiring effective verbal and written communication skills.
- This organization supports development testing and assembly operations at the WPB site.
- AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training)
- 8+ years in any of the following: micro-welding, induction brazing, and brazing experience in a manufacturing environment
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contracts
- Technical machinist trade school certification or manufacturing degree, and/or Toolmaker experience, and/or 5+ yearsâ€ machining experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the following: welding, micro-welding, induction brazing and comparator operation, dimensional M&TE, Blueprint reading, and knowledge of algebra and geometry.
- Emphasis is placed on, innovation, resourcefulness, imitative, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of welding and brazing dissimilar metals
- Knowledge of induction heat treat and stress relieve processes
- Knowledge of making crucibles for induction processes a plus
- Knowledge of removing recast material on parts in prep for welding or brazing operations a plus
- Knowledge of welding platinum and titanium materials a plus
- Knowledge of safety requirements for welding operations required
- Knowledge of micro torch and inverter welding processes a plus
- Ability to multitask work to priorities is important
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01377078
Community / Marketing Title: Probe Services Welder and Machinist
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US