Staff Tech, Engrg Svcs
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11587
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01376638 Date posted 12/16/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress.
It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions!
Do you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice? This may be the opportunity you've been looking for!
Pratt and Whitney is a worldwide leader in the development and production of gas turbine engines. Development Operations West Palm Beach Florida site is responsible for the validation of development military and commercial jet engines at its multiple test facilities. These engines are subsequently produced for use in a variety of government and commercial applications including the F35 Joint Strike Fighter, F22 Raptor, Bombardier C-Series, Airbus, Irkut, Embraer and Mitsubishi jet applications.
The Data Recording Operations group within the Development Operations Instrumentation cell performs a wide variety of technical tasks in support of engine instrumentation and test facility readiness for development and production testing. The organization supports structural, performance and advanced measurement data recording systems, sensor installations and calibration.
This organization supports testing and field operations across multiple company and customer sites throughout the US and the world.
We are seeking an experienced individual with a good balance of mechanical and electrical aptitude. A strong emphasis is placed on dedication, innovation, resourcefulness and attention to detail.
- Consultation with engineering and customer groups to establish requirements, mechanical and electrical installations, troubleshooting and calibration of devices in the test facility or lab,
- Operation of data acquisition systems during validation testing.
- Interaction with both test engineering and operations groups.
Significant overtime and travel opportunities will be available.
There is 15 % travel associated with this role.
- AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training)
- AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of experience in any of the following: electrical circuits, electrical test and measurement equipment, computers, and data recording systems.
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contracts.
- Knowledge of instrumentation types and sensor applications in the aerospace industry is desirable.
- Experience in sensor wiring, terminations, egress, signal conditioning and data acquisition system operation and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Sensor types (include but not limited to strain gages, accelerometers, pressure transducers, thermocouples, proximity and blade positioning optical measurement equipment).
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience in other signal acquisition or processing software is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01376638
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Tech, Engrg Svcs
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US