Test Support Hourly Supervisor WPB
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11574
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01376360 Date posted 12/13/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions!
We are seeking a Test Support Hourly Supervisor who enjoys operating in a dynamic environment and the challenges of process improvement initiatives. You would have the ability to plan projects and use written/verbal/analytical/organizational skills to influence business objectives.
Do you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice? This may be the opportunity you've been looking for!
- Supervise a group of hourly mechanics and welders in the Development Operations Test Support Shop.
- Allocate work and assigning manpower for Repair and maintenance (TPM) Support, Fabrication and modification activities associated with Special Test Equipment primarily within the Jet Test areas in WPB with occasional support of other site activities.
- Model and promote environmental health & safety processes and programs in compliance with regulations and UTC standards.
- Promote and ensure a culture fully compliant to Quality policies and diligent adherence to work instructions.
- Provide full compliance with the UTC policies and the UTC Code of Ethics which include ensuring staff are aware of the policies and their responsibilities for upholding these policies
- Utilize ACE to continuously improve methods, processes and facilities to improve area productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Implement an effective FOD program in support of the Test Area related activities.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with all site employees regarding company and department objectives, goals, plans and programs
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to changing test support requirements.
- Primary interface to second shift to ensure flawless transition between shifts.
- Delegate effectively to develop personnel and balance workload.
- Establish standards and expectation for work effort and performance for subordinates and give performance feedback. Effectively coach employees to improve performance.
- Effectively communicate with other department personnel and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work proactively to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving department goals.
- Communicate to peers requirements of supporting processes to ensure smooth process flow.
- Perform administrative functions as related to bargaining unit employees including maintaining training, quality and attendance records.
- Coordinate with HR and management all activities related to interviewing, hiring, shift assignment, promotions, etc.
- Staff, train and develop the Test Support team to meet department objectives.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities.
- Manage overtime to support or customers' needs and equitably distribute among employees per the collective bargaining agreement.
- Ability to write clear work instructions (procedures)
- Bachelor's degree in operations, business, aerospace, or engineering
- 5 + years Operations Experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- Experience related to R&D or manufacturing environment at the managerial level
- Supervisory experience with a collective bargaining unit.
- Experience managing trades such as electrical, mechanical trades, welders, sheet metal mechanics, millwrights
- Experience associated with maintenance of systems and building infrastructure
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to obtain high levels of performance and to accomplish goals.
- SAP knowledge.
- Strong leadership behaviors that emphasize goal setting, team empowerment and providing support
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Strong background of leading in a fast-paced, manufacturing or R&D setting
- Ability to make suggestions and informed decisions quickly
- Strong organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Strong continuous improvement focus and experience
- Superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Knowledge and effective practice of aerospace quality practices like ISO9001 AS9100
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01376360
Community / Marketing Title: Test Support Hourly Supervisor WPB
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US