Facilities and Services Electrical Engineer
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11568
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01375919 Date posted 12/13/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions!
Do you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice? This may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
The Pratt & Whitney, West Palm Beach Facilities Engineering organization is actively seeking an electrical engineer to lead key projects and advance our capabilities in power transmission and distribution across a 7,000 acre manufacturing campus.
The Facilities & Services Electrical Engineer will serve as the on-site expert in electrical engineering, power transmission and distribution for Pratt & Whitneyâ€s West Palm Beach, FL site.
- Managing planned power outages with all site stakeholders to ensure reliable power delivery
- Collaborate with capital project managers and lead both high and medium power electrical design for new construction/renovation of site facilities
- Writing request for proposal documents in support of capital procurement.
- Oversee vendors and ensure compliance with industry standards and Company policies, procedures and practices.
- Work directly with Facilities Maintenance supervision and planning personnel to ensure robust reliable power distribution on site
- Working knowledge of planning requirements, design, integration and implementing of Distribution Management Systems for smart grid projects
- Review and approve project and construction drawings to ensure capture of appropriate codes and standards related to NEC, Florida Building Codes, as well as local jurisdiction code requirements.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ yearsâ€ experience in planning, design and/or operations of electric utility transmission and distribution systems.
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contract.
- M.S. in Power System Engineering
- Working knowledge of 20+ Megawatt Stand-By Electrical Generation
- Experience managing all operational activities for both outdoor and indoor electrical substations (13.8 KV â€" 4160V â€" 480/240V)
- Familiarity and working knowledge of transmission and distribution planning processes and tools, including power flow, transient stability and short circuit analyses
- Understanding of utility transmission and distribution system control and protection practices
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports
- P.E. Certification
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01375919
Community / Marketing Title: Facilities and Services Electrical Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US