Machining Engineering Source Approval Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11565
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01375487 Date posted 12/13/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
As a Machining Engineering Source Approval (ESA) Engineer, you will be responsible for reviewing and approving a range of machining and special processes utilized in the manufacture of engine hardware including, but not limited to milling, turning, grinding, broaching, hole drilling, welding, brazing and surface treatments, such as shot peening.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Perform Engineering Source Approval activities for both domestic and international suppliers.
- Interface with supplier engineers, Engineering, Procurement and Quality, as needed, to complete initial approvals, changes and processing variations.
- Manage schedules and resources to ensure rapid, robust, technically sound and procedurally correct approvals.
- Review of detailed process-specific operation sheets, process monitoring, non-destructive evaluation, destructive metallurgical testing and evaluation of manufacturing processes
- Document and analyze data/results to substantiate qualification of processes, prepare reports, and generate standard work
- Domestic and/or international travel may be up to 40%
- Bachelor's Degree and 7+ years of experience in quality, engineering, manufacturing and/or aerospace OR Master's Degree and 5+ years of experience in quality, engineering, manufacturing and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills to interface with people of diverse backgrounds and personalities
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities and work in a self-directed manner
- A broad knowledge of materials and processes used in gas turbine engine manufacture
- Comprehensive experience in general machining and/or special processes (ie. peening, chem milling, brazing, welding, etc.)
- A good understanding of P&W's design, manufacturing and quality systems, as well as a good understanding of the ESA approval process, is desirable
- Green belt and/or black belt certification and training is a plus
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Experience with turbine airfoils is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01375487
Community / Marketing Title: Machining Engineering Source Approval Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US