WPB Test Support Manager
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11564
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01376453 Date posted 12/13/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions!
Do you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice? This may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
Systems Engineering & Validation is looking for a motivated, high energy individual to lead a team of mechanics, machinists, welders, electricians and supervisors charged with supporting operations within the Florida Assembly, Instrumentation and Test organization.
In this role as Test Support Manager based in WPB, Florida, you provide both technical and administrative leadership and direction to two salaried supervisors and 40 mechanics, machinist, welders and electricians. You would have the ability to work well with contract represented employees and handle industrial relations issues. Adaptability to respond to dynamic test environment including drop-in work, changes in priority, and emergency response for critical needs on the site.
- Lead all aspects of the department business including EH&S, overhead and capital planning, quality, customer satisfaction, employee relations and development and sustainment of an ACE culture. Ensure the appropriate usage of all ACE tools including 6S with visual factory, QCPC, MFA and TPM.
- Encourage process improvement initiatives to enhance quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance to all Pratt and Whitney policies and procedures including local site procedures.
- Ensure department procedures and instructions drive compliance with higher level procedures as applicable.
- Frequent interaction with other organizations including Production will be necessary to ensure alignment with overall site goals and milestones.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 8+ yearsâ€ experience in any of the following: operations, manufacturing and/or leading supervisors.
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contracts.
- Experience managing a unionized workforce.
- Experience managing Supervisors of an hourly workforce.
- Experience turning engineering requirements into hardware.
- Proficient in MS office tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization in a variety of manners both technically and administratively.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01376453
Community / Marketing Title: WPB Test Support Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US