Facilities and Services Mechanical Engineer
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11561
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01375922 Date posted 12/13/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions!
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
The Pratt & Whitney, West Palm Beach Facilities Engineering organization is actively seeking a Mechanical Engineer to lead key projects in the building, construction and modifications of facility infrastructure across a 7,000 acre manufacturing campus.
As a Facilities and Services Mechanical Engineer, you will serve as the on-site expert in mechanical engineering for Pratt & Whitneyâ€s West Palm Beach, FL site.
- Collaborate with capital project managers on new construction, demolition, and renovations to existing infrastructure and process systems.
- Support writing request for proposal documents in support of capital procurement.
- Provide engineering design, scheduling, planning, safety, field oversight and compliance reviews on various projects.
- Oversee vendors and ensure compliance with industry standards and Company policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide accurate estimates to supported organizations for defined projects associated with building, infrastructure, and processes.
- Work directly with Facilities Maintenance supervision and planning personnel to ensure robust processes are established to evaluate and repair or replace aging infrastructure which would include but not be limited to plumbing, process and compressed gasses, and HVAC systems.
- Review and approve project and construction drawings to ensure capture of appropriate codes and standards related to OSHA, Florida Building Codes, as well as local jurisdiction code requirements.
- Proficiency in providing process gas piping systems and standard industrial piping design and flow calculations.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer.
- Bachelor's degree Engineering
- 7+ yearsâ€ experience in planning, design and or operations of facilities/construction projects.
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contract.
- Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in reading and understanding complex facility drawings.
- Relative CAD Experience.
- Knowledge of Fire Safety systems is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports.
- Knowledge and experience with continuous improvement tools such as ACE or lean principles.
- Ability to work aggressive schedules and cost reduction targets.
- P.E. Certification
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01375922
Community / Marketing Title: Facilities and Services Mechanical Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US