MC&O - Manufacturing Engineer - Operations 1st Shift - P1
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 11558
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01365795 Date posted 12/13/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interpretation of technical data such as Engineering Drawings, Quality Assurance specifications, etc., which will flow down into process work instructions.
- Create, modify and maintain work instructions for processes including definition of tooling requirements and parameters.
- Review tool designs, mark-up prints, issue request forms, track tool changes and corrections.
- Provide production support by resolving manufacturing process issues.
- Lead Root Cause & Corrective action DIVEâ€s using ACE tools
- Perform the necessary process try-out tasks; including process development, first piece runs, and gage correlations.
- Support implementation of process improvements activities to meet schedule and cost targets.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Industrial Engineering or other related Bachelorsâ€ degree
- Graduated December 2019
- Must have a 3.0 gpa or higher
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Manufacturing Engineering degree preferred
- The position requires candidates to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the application of continuous improvement tools:Â process certification, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Six Sigma, and set-up reduction are examples of the continuous improvement skills required.
- Experience and knowledge of machining and assembly processes, including tool application. CAD experience is required.
- Individual must be self-motivated, demonstrated team player and flexible in schedule and function.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01365795
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O - Manufacturing Engineer - Operations 1st Shift - P1
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US