Regional Director, Industrial Cooperation
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11542
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01375427 Date posted 12/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
ME Regional Director, Industrial Cooperation 01375427
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you passionate about advancing in your career?
We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful, and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value!
This is an exciting time to join us!
Pratt & Whitney is seeking an Associate Director for the Industrial Cooperation organization. This position will be responsible for the identification, negotiations and execution of the international Offset obligations for Pratt & Whitney (Commercial and Military Engines Divisions).Â This position will report to the manager of the Global Industrial Solutions Group, which has responsibility for industrial participation and Offset and is part of the Integrated Customer Solutions organization in Pratt & Whitney Military Engines.
The successful candidate will:
Regularly work with the Program Management Office, Operations, Legal, Business Development, Contracts, Engineering, and other P&W departments in support of developing and implementing Offset programs Meet and converse with high level foreign ranking officials and/or technical customer personnel Develop Offset proposals to meet offset requirements to support engine sales campaigns Leverage other UTC divisionsâ€ (Collins, UTRC) foreign presence and activities to support Offset requirements Implement Export License best practices in all foreign activities in support of Offset programs; Be a self-starter who is results oriented; Collaborate with others across a variety of organizations
- Bachelorâ€s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in program management, as well as a combination of business experience in marketing/sales, and business development
- 2+ years of leadership experience required
- 1+ year of Export experience
- 1+ years of experience with International Business
- US Person required
- MBA or JD
- International business experience and working with foreign governments
- People skills, entrepreneurial capability, flexibility, and general business competence.
- Previous experience in International Business Development and/or International Offset Programs.
- A business and finance background along with strong communication skills (written and verbal), experience with direct customer involvement at management levels, good executive level presentation skills, and the ability to travel internationally (25%).
- Demonstrated experience in effective and successful negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), when supporting Military Engines.
- Understanding of international policy, international marketing and information technology.
- Knowledge of cultural sensitivities around the world.
- Advanced leadership skills with the capacity to direct functional groups without having command authority.
- Ability to build business plans and manage financial assessments.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01375427
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Director, Industrial Cooperation
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US