Manager, DevOps Lead, Digital Product Management
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11540
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01376296 Date posted 12/13/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress. An instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and protect the world. So, together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart and a perfectionistâ€s grit to advance it.
We are seeking a highly motivated Manager, DevOps Lead to join our team in East Hartford, CT. Â You will have the opportunity to directly impact the next-generation of P&W digital products and services.
Reporting within the Digital Product Management organization, the successful candidate will be highly collaborative, technically savvy, and passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to customers.â€¯ The DevOps lead is someone who understand the Software Development Lifecycle and has the understanding of various automation tools for developing digital pipelines (CI /CD â€" continuous integration and continuous deployment). They will be responsible for the software development strategies which include source code, automation, testing, containerization, configuration, deployment and continuous monitoring management.
As part of an agile team structure, the DevOps will be part of the systems team responsible for ensuring great products and will integrate at both the program and scrum team level.
Digital products that the team helps to manage include: customer portals, enterprise analytic systems, engine health management systems and digital twin / thread environments.
Job responsibilities include:
- The principal leader for implementing DevOps
- Evaluation and communication of DevOps solutions
- Understanding agile team development impediments for CI/CD and leading the implementation of enabling, automated solutions to achieve CI/CD
- Ensuring best practices for achieving product quality
- Ensuring monitoring is in place to ensure product security and health
- Implementation of best practices relative to Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 8+ yearsâ€ experience in digital technology and/or product management or equivalent.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Proven experience with DevOps practices and technologies (e.g. - Jenkins, Github, Jira, Docker, Puppet, Kubernetes, Ansible)
- Be passionate about all things DevOps and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industryâ€s latest trends and technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile software delivery practices and expectations.
- Demonstrated capability to make timely prioritization decisions to ensure projects meet critical business needs and timelines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to influence multi-disciplinary teams and develop strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- Ideal candidate is a collaborative, detail oriented, reliable individual who strives to deliver the highest quality products.
- Experience with aerospace, and/or data science products a plus
- Experience with Azure, AWS, GCP, or Other cloud offerings a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01376296
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, DevOps Lead, Digital Product Management
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US