Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11522
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01373827 Date posted 12/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees have empowerment.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of a CTRP (Connecticut Rotating Parts) Process Engineer at our facility in East Hartford, CT.
CTRP overhauls major rotating components and military hardware to support our legacy fleet and military customers. We are currently transforming the business to introduce and support the next generation of Geared Turbofan (GTF) engine rotating part repair while increasing yield for legacy engine hardware. CTRP is working together with GSE to write new repairs for GTF rotating parts, as well as revising and industrializing salvage repairs for legacy hardware.
This role is to support the CTRP Repair Development unit, working with product owner engineers and GSE to create new repairs and bring them through the industrialization process before reintroducing the part back into the CTRP operations cell.
- In this role, you will report directly to the Repair Development Manager and would be the technical point of contact for new repairs. You will work with GSE to prioritize and write new repairs, and work with the cell engineers to create the process to perform the repair in the cell.
- In addition to the repair development tasks, this role will be involved in specifying requirements and purchasing capital equipment with the cell engineer to be able to create and execute new repair processes in the cell for salvage repair tasks.
- Guiding production and maintenance employees on newly released repair processes.
- Develop tools and fixtures for part processing if required for new repair.
- Analyze key business unit metrics (EA TAT, yield rate, OTC to repair conversion) and develop proposals for future cost savings or process improvement repair initiatives
- Communicate new repair strategy with management and end customers
- Experience with continuous improvement and ACE is required for internal candidates
- CTRP is an FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
Strong Candidate Identified; Qualified Candidates Are Encouraged To Apply.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or Materials Science or related field of study is required.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Required is a minimum of 3 years of professional work experience.
- 1 years of experience developing work instructions.
- Masters Degree in Engineering or Operations related field.
- Prior experience in repair process engineering and/or aerospace is highly desirable.
- Hands on experience on the shop floor also highly desirable.
- Position requires ability to oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You can work with all levels of management, shop personnel and customers, and have key technical skills to drive operations, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership skills, analytical thinking and strong customer focus, and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarization with P&W Engine Manuals, Standard Practice Manuals and Technical Orders or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience with lean manufacturing, automation of equipment and process concepts is helpful.
- Knowledge of military and commercial products / parts is preferred.
- Additionally, knowledge of source demonstration is desired.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01373827
Community / Marketing Title: Process Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US