Materials Management & Logistics Summer Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11515
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01376721 Date posted 12/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-op assignments are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your creativity. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking hardworking and ambitious students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2020. The Supply Chain Management team within Pratt & Whitney encompasses two organizations: Materials Management & Logistics and Global Supply Chain.Â Materials Management & Logistics organization includes functions such as Demand and Supply Planning, Capacity Planning, and Engine Assembly.Â In Global Supply Chain, the organization includes procurement, strategic sourcing, and continuous improvement on a global scale.
These professionals within the organizations plan for raw material requirements in support of production processes, procurement and supplier management, planning new engine assembly, and forecasting spare part requirements. Additionally, they are engaged in various processes facilitating the delivery of engines, the continuous improvement of processes, and activities involved in the Sales & Operations Process. They work both in the office cross-functionally and globally, as well as hands on engaged on the shop floor, supporting operations. To facilitate the growth of this challenging field, we have crafted opportunities for paid Supply Chain Management summer internships at Pratt and Whitney.
Are you passionate about supply chain management? This unique program led by experienced supply chain professionals will ensure that our interns are learning, mentored, and intertwined with the organizations they support by having substantial work and projects. Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Supply Chain Management Intern program provides you with a flexible learning environment to help kick-start your career and provides us the resources to meet our workforce requirements for the future. We are looking for students interested in full-time opportunities in our Technical Development Programs when they graduate.
- Welcome visit for program overview and to meet others in the internship program
- Events for P&W interns throughout the summer as well as specialized events for internship organizations
- Assignment in a Supply Chain Management Role within the Materials Management & Logistics or Global Supply Chain organizations
- Assigned a mentor, peer mentor, and an on-the-job coach/mentor
- Evaluation periods during and after your assignment with internship supervisor
- Post assignment review â€" Input from employee and mentors
- Evaluate internship assignment for internship program management
- Presentation to Management Team and Executive
- Training / Certifications
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required.
- You're in an accredited four year degree program. Preferred fields of study are Supply Chain Management, Business, Operations Management, or related field with a strong interest in Operations and Manufacturing.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in Supply Chain Management and/or Operations Management
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and outside vendors
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
- You are ambitious
- You work independently or with cross functional teams
- You have strong project management skills
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- You have some SAP experience
*Strong candidate identified; qualified candidates are encouraged to apply*
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01376721
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Management & Logistics Summer Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US