ME - F135 Customer Support Engineer – Engineering Investigations
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11514
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01371716 Date posted 12/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.Â
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.Â
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The engine program that powers the F-35 has an opening for a motivated, self-starting F135 Customer Support Engineer. As part of Military Customer Support & Services, duties include support of Field Customers at Base locations across different military services and multiple international customers.
- Providing timely responses to numerous technical questions to ensure uninterrupted daily flight operations
- The individual in this position will track all Engineering Investigations (EI) metrics, including generating EI metrics for F135 PLM leadership
- The EI Lead will have to assist CSE Hardware Supervisor & Hardware CSEâ€s with planning EI gate reviews with all customers, as well as coordinate EI report deliveries to Legal
- Individual will need to be able to lead engineering discussions with our internal CIPT, Rolls Royce and JPO customers relating to major field and depot issues, offering solutions to various issues
- Individual will also interact with PW Quality personnel related to Quality & Reliability Investigations, tracking delivery of final reports to JPO customers and offer ideas to process improvements
- Individual will also be required to assist with improving andÂ updating standard work, related to the EI & Quality processes
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Experience working in an engineering related job
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Engineering or related technical field PWRSR
- Fields of study:Â Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering â€
- You are graduating between:Â December 2019 or early 2020
- You have aÂ GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated ability for solving problems
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead technical discussions with internal and external customers
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01371716
Community / Marketing Title: ME - F135 Customer Support Engineer – Engineering Investigations
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US