Personnel Clearance Processer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11492
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372685 Date posted 12/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress. An instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and protect the world. So, together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart and a perfectionistâ€s grit to advance it.
The magnitude of flight both humbles and motivates us. It demands vision and relentless attention to detail. It requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. And, empowered people willing to do the right thing in the best interest of our customers.
Government Security Compliance (GSC) is seeking a motivated employee to join their Central Operations (CO) team.Â The primary function will involve clearance processing (reviewing clearance applications and tracking and updating personnel status), and learning data entry within new database information systems.Â Additional duties will also include assistance with contracts and subcontracts issued to Pratt & Whitney, to ensure organizational requirements are met, the contracts are up-to-date and GSC is in compliance with various contractual requirements.Â
Other industrial security compliance tasks may be assigned as necessary.Â The position will provide security support to a multitude of customers and work locations, thus, efficiency, attention to detail, and positive and effective communication skills are a must.Â The role requires full compliance with all National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) policies and various other USG regulations and processes.Â
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist P&W customers as related to various government security compliance needs
- Assist other team members as needed
- Support Pratt and Whitneyâ€s Industrial Security program as directed
- Support security vulnerability assessments
- Assist department management with ongoing continuous improvement initiatives
- Use and leverage continuous improvement (ACE) tools and methodology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
Do you meet the basic requirements?
- B.A./B.S. Degree and 3+ years of professional work experience.
- Must obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Be highly efficient and self-motivated
- Adhere to USG security policies and implement changes as required
- Adapt to competing work priorities
- Have a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Be a team player
- Have excellent MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel skills
- Industrial Security and prior experience working with JPAS is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372685
Community / Marketing Title: Personnel Clearance Processer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US