Chemistry Testing Analyst
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11491
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01371130 Date posted 12/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
The Pratt & Whitney Quality & Process Engineering (Q&PE) organization is seeking an energetic, entry level contributor to support the East Hartford Q&PE Chemistry Test Group.Â The Q&PE Chemistry Test Group is responsible for Chemical and Physical testing and validation to blue print and specification requirements of various aerospace raw materials, finished parts, and processing.
As a Chemistry Testing Analyst, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform chemical analyses related to the evaluation of aerospace materials for compliance to standards
- Utilization of state-of-the-art analytical equipment, as well as classical, gravimetric chemistry and physical measurement techniques
- Participate in investigations involving complex and diversified chemical and metallurgical problems
- Provide clear, concise and accurate lab reports
- Interact effectively with customers at all levels
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or a similar field of study
- 1+ years of chemistry and/or laboratory experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and material specification requirements
- Working knowledge of chemical analytical equipment a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including internal and external customers across all hierarchy
- Effective at handling multiple priorities under tight deadlines, high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01371130
Community / Marketing Title: Chemistry Testing Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US