Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11487
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01369915 Date posted 12/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Military Engines International Trade Compliance (ITC) team is looking for an experienced export control professional that will be responsible for working closely with the business to develop process solutions which address ITC concerns.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Technical Assistance Agreements, licenses, and exemptions as well as Export Administration Regulations (EAR) licenses and exceptions that support the F135 Programâ€s Joint Spares Pool (JSP).
- Manage transactions of hardware shipments (and associated authorizations) within the SAP/GTS system or use of manual invoices.
- Work closely with business unit to coordinate and support US Forces F135 deployment activity (i.e., shipments to/from deployed locations).
- Support activation, management, and termination of authorizations as required.
- Ensure that authorization users are trained and aware of the requirements and coverage of authorizations.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the program to ensure both US and non-US regulatory requirements are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- Provide Military Engines customers day-to-day guidance as well as formal training in trade compliance.
- Draft and implement standard work to ensure compliance with company policies as well as U.S. import and export regulations as they relate to hardware and technical data exports as well as defense services.
- Participate in Pratt & Whitney ITC activities including audits, internal investigations, corrective actions, communications, training development and implementation of key policies and procedures.
- Follow standardized processes to determine root cause and corrective actions for process improvements and other related investigation recommendations.
- Participate, as required, in the ITC initiatives and process improvement projects to ensure that business unit needs and requirements are sufficiently addressed.
Do you meet the basic requirements?
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 2 + years of professional experience practicing law, developing contracts or applying general International Trade Compliance (ITC) knowledge
- US Person, due to program requirements.
- Applicants who have no formal work experience but have a combination of advanced degrees and completed internships/co-ops may be considered
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the application and management of export authorizations including use of internal and external IT tools (SAP, D-Trade/SNAP-R/OCR-EASE, etc.).
- Experience and understanding of regulations governing international trade, and applying that to managing authorizations.
- Fundamental understanding of customs/import laws and non-U.S. trade compliance regulation and Export Control Reform.
- Proven effective utilization of ACE/continuous improvement tools to drive process improvements.
Travel Required: 0-10%
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01369915
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, ITC
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US