F135 Technical Data Writer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11445
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372797 Date posted 12/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization! If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
F135 Technical Data Writer (P3)
The F135 military engine program has an opportunity for a motivated, self-starting Unit and Depot Level Technical Data Writer. Part of Military Customer Support & Services, the Technical Data Employee will support technical data authoring and logistics activities by performing the following:
- Responsible for the development and authoring of complex maintenance procedures (Disassembly, Cleaning, Inspection, Repair, Assembly, Balance, Test, etc.) in support of the Pratt & Whitney F135 Engine.
- Working with the tech data supply base to meet aggressive program schedules. Delivery in accordance with cost, schedule, quality and technical performance requirements as agreed to by contract.
- This Maintenance Data Engineering (MDE) position will routinely interface with Pratt & Whitney internal such as Customer Support Engineering (CSE), Support Equipment (SE), Global Services Engineering (GSE) and Systems Integration for publication of F135 repair technical data modules and interaction with external customers to include the F-35 Joint Program Office, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Lockheed-Martin, and Rolls Royce.
- This position may involve program related tasks, participation in validations, and other engineering disciplines to ensure technical data is adequate, accurate, safe, and meets acceptable quality levels as required.
- Develop maintenance data procedures based on various forms of engineering source data.
- Provide ongoing status to team lead on data development time lines.
- Support maintenance data publishing process with involvement in data integrity check reviews and data error corrections, as well as quality review of publication modules.
- Interface with customers as it pertains to maintenance data requirements.
- Candidate must be able to work in a highly productive team environment.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- Bachelorâ€s degree
- 4+ years of experience in engine or aviation maintenance required
- US Citizenship required due to Federal Contracts
- Experience in logistics, quality assurance and technical writing.
- Good understanding of the logistics support process, technical data, and associated deliverables.
- Project and time management skills are essential.
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to excel within a team environment.
- Candidate must have the ability to perform multiple projects of varied size and scope.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) required.
- Experience as a process planner, and hands-on experience maintaining jet engines Experience with Engineering Changes and Illustrated Parts Breakdown (IPB), XML/SGML markup languages and light programming.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, Team Center, DOC ACCESS, PW specifications, technical authoring systems Arbortext, Corena, Vista, and S1000D specification.
- Aerospace industry experience highly preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372797
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Technical Data Writer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US