ME - Process & Methods Engineer
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 11439
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372963 Date posted 12/05/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all emloyees are engaged and empowered.
The Pratt & Whitney Oklahoma City Heavy Maintenance Center (HMC) Manufacturing Process and Methods Engineer (PME) will provide manufacturing process engineering work instructions and technical guidance to facilitate dis-assembly, repair, assembly and testing of gas-turbine engines at the maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in support of production delivery schedule.Â
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide timely work scope definitions for engine and/or module repair that are comprehensive, clear, concise, cost effective, and meets customer-defined requirements
- Read and provide interpretation of Engine Overhaul Manuals, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Standard Practice Manual, Blueprints and Component Maintenance Manuals as necessary to support production
- Provide disposition to work requests/work package changes using standard work processes and approved technical references for released work control documents
- Create and maintain travelers and work instructions for new parts and assemblies as well as modifications to existing products
- Perform Six-sigma and lean engineering analyses to improve product/process development and sustain production. Perform root cause and corrective action on parts and processes that are not in control
- Participate in teams reviewing and investigating deficient material or product quality deficiencies; write thorough, concise and technically sound reports as required
- Develop and/or utilize robust standard work and desk procedures for HMC engineering processes
- Perform any other related functions or support other MRO production lines as required by management to ensure the success of the enterprise
- 1st Shift: During first 3-6 months of training
- 2nd Shift: 3:00 pmâ€"Midnight; sometimes overnight; occasional Saturday or Sunday
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university with 0+ years experience
- Bachelorâ€s or Masters degree in Engineering
- Fields of study are: Engineering (open to all engineering fields; engineering technology will not be considered)
- You are graduating after December 2019
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams on a wide variety of tasks and with limited supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work 1st (0700-1600) or 2nd (1500-2400) shift and work extra time as necessary to ensure completion of assigned tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, policies, procedures and best practices
- Knowledge and experience using precision measuring instruments
- Experience with SAP
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372963
Community / Marketing Title: ME - Process & Methods Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US