ME - F135 Fleet Analytics Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11424
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372852 Date posted 12/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to support the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program.
As the F135 Data Systems Analysis Intern you will be challenged to develop critical analysis for data accuracy, repair network forecasting, configuration management or the business analysis in support of these critical areas.
You will also be expected to keep alignment with the all key stakeholders to understand customer, program, depot, supply chain and engineering integration points to in support improving operational performance.
- With guidance, develop relationship diagrams and queries (SQL) to validate data, identify anomalies and perform root cause analysis on anomalies
- Support Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) objectives by performing business case analysis Â to minimize maintenance costs
- Map and develop entity relationship diagrams in order to align data within multiple platforms across the enterprise
- Perform sensitivity analysis of various demand forecast data inputs
- Explore various data analysis and visualization presentation platforms (Qlik, Python/R Scripting/JMP/Minitab)
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Undergraduate University
- Pursuing a Bachelorâ€s degree in Engineering, Data Analytics/Management, Systems Engineering, Logistics, Operations Management, or related STEM fields
- You are graduating between December 2020 to May 2023
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a formal or informal capacity
- Project Management skills preferred
- Fluent proficiency in one or more of the following: SQL, noSQL, Python, R, MATLAB
- Interest in Fleet logistics, Maintenance Management Systems, and complex system Â modeling Â preferred
- Interest in Agile development
- Statistics Background
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- The ability to interpret data, draw conclusions from those interpretations and communicate your findings to others
- Previous exposure to a logistics operations or business environment ideal
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372852
Community / Marketing Title: ME - F135 Fleet Analytics Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US