Associate Director Castings
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11419
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01373466 Date posted 12/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
Pratt & Whitney Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) Supply Chain is seeking to fill a strategic position of Associate Director, Airfoil Castings Supply Chain.Â In this role, you will manage a team of Supply Chain Managers & Account Specialists to support PW sourcing activity across the castings value stream. You will be responsible for the entire supply chain value stream process from leading strategic initiatives, supplier management and ensuring gold level performance. Another key element of the position will be to implement and manage the cross functional TAKT team. This individual will be responsible for supplier negotiations and aiding in executing new processes to better manage the supply base.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate you can meet or exceed financial plan targets, have a strong focus on results, and possess forward thinking and analytical competencies.Â We need someone with strong financial, business development and customer/supplier relationship background experience, strong program management skills and able to drive lean initiatives across the business. This position will report directly to the Executive Director of HSMC Supply Chain in East Hartford CT.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage & direct the senior managers and their extended supply chain teams
- Achieve highest levels of quality and internal/external customer service levels to drive stakeholder satisfaction through delivery on commitments with proactive communication
- Ensure financial controls are in place for compliance
- Maintain high levels of communication with the workforce regarding the status of the business and key operational plans on supplier recovery initiatives to achieve goals in accordance with key milestones
- Implement key program plans to track key tooling governance and capacity improvement plans to drive MRP recovery
- Create and manage business case scenarios for suppliers
- Operate in the role of primary sponsor/change agent of the implementation of lean methodologies and tools throughout the organization
- Drive ACE and process improvements
- Responsible for the establishment of standard work, KPIâ€s, SLAâ€s across supply chain
- Run executive level meetings and drive compliance across all cross functional teams
- Act as a lead coordinator with TMC materials team
- Ensure compliance with all Export/Ethics, corporate policies, initiatives
- Masterâ€s Degree and 8+ years of experience in operations, supply chain, and/or program management withÂ general management responsibility OR Bachelorâ€s Degree and 10+ years of experience in operations, supply chain, and/or program management withÂ general management responsibility
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is required
- Aerospace aftermarket and MRO experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in strategic leadership and creating strategic action plans with the independent drive to continuously improve the organization
- Ability to facilitate and manage change effectively
- Proven experience reporting on all types of business metrics with knowledge on how to improve overall business performance with strategic planning, resource allocation, and leadership techniques
- A good understanding of the lean management principles and how to implement the tools in support of operational performance goals
- Excellent communication, project management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Experience presenting and interacting with executive leadership
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Â Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01373466
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director Castings
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US