ME - Military Engines Business & Logistics Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11415
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01371829 Date posted 12/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
This position is for an internÂ inÂ Military Engines.Â This internship position is within various Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Military Engine Programs in East Hartford, CT.Â The intern will support the multiple Military Engines programs in support of our global war fighter customer base.Â Specific engine program placement will be assigned according to business need.Â
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The intern will be mentored by a senior manager and assist by providing support for the following activities:
- Preparation of presentation materials
- Business analysis
- Tech data authoring
- Logistics analysis
- Proposal authoring
- Government contracting interface
- Interface with global Military Engines customers
- Interface with internal organizations such as Program Management Office, Production, Quality, Finance, and Sustainment.
- Development and creation of standard work for various processes/procedures
- Develop databases
- Development of briefings and presentation materials in Photoshop, Project, and Powerpoint
- Program & business management interface
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Candidate must be aUS Citizen
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Undergraduate University
- Pursuing a Bachelorâ€s degree in Business, Marketing, Logistics, Finance, or associated disciplines
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management skills and the ability to work well with multi-disciplinary groups is required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01371829
Community / Marketing Title: ME - Military Engines Business & Logistics Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US