Group - F135 International Operations Office INTERN/CO-OP
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11400
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372829 Date posted 12/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
This position is for an internÂ inÂ Military EnginesÂ F135 International Operations Office.Â This internship position is within Pratt & Whitneyâ€s program management organization based in East Hartford, CT.Â The intern will support the F135 Engine in support of our global war fighter customer base.Â
The intern will be mentored by aÂ operational support manager and assist by providing support for the following activities:
- Supplier integration
- Requirements review & interpretation
- Coordination with engine fleet management programs
- Coordination with program Quality organization
- Product team technical presentations and cross organization communication
- Development and creation of standard work for various processes/procedures
- Develop databases and process matrices
- Metrics tracking
- Participate in lean initiatives that support continuous process improvement
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Undergraduate University
- Pursuing a Bachelorâ€s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Management
- You are graduating between December 2020 â€" December 2022
- You will have completed a minimum of 30 college credits
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A working-knowledge of gas turbine engine operating theory, value stream mapping, standard operating procedures, root-cause analysis, mistake-proofing is desired
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management skills and the ability to work well with multi-disciplinary groups is required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372829
Community / Marketing Title: Group - F135 International Operations Office INTERN/CO-OP
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US