Sr Supv, Qlty Assurance 2nd shift M3
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 11392
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01371532 Date posted 12/05/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
The sky has no limits. We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Supervisor Quality Assurance 2nd shift in North Berwick, Maine!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, but it also carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney
Job summary -
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for providing leadership to one or more Aftermarket QA Cells
- Apply ACE, lean and other continuous improvement techniques to develop and implement process improvement initiatives aimed at increasing quality, throughput, and delivery integrity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the multi-skilled group of team members engaged in the repair of jet engine components.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and work in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Execute business decisions in a fair and equitable manner, conduct annual performance reviews, hold regular toolbox meetings, provide two-way communications, consistent application of policy/work rules, clear, consistent communication of organizational goals and objectives.
- Requires availability on all shifts.
- Support all Company obligations as they relate to Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, contracting with the United States Government and Administration of FAA policies and procedures.
- This position will support hourly associates on the 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Basic Qualifications -
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma with 7+ years Quality and/or Manufacturing/operations experience OR Associate Degree with 5+ years Quality and/or Manufacturing/operations experience OR Bachelorsâ€ degree with 3+ years Quality and/or Manufacturing/operations experience.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
Preferred Qualifications -
- Undergraduate Degree in business, engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving & mathematic skills
- Demonstrated skill and success in team leadership, facilitation & coaching skills
- Working knowledge of shop practices, processes and procedures
- Demonstrated flexibility / adaptability in high stress, ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize
- Working knowledge of Aftermarket products, procedures, and process technologies
- Excellent computer skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01371532
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Supv, Qlty Assurance 2nd shift M3
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US