Engineering / Quality Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11366
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372836 Date posted 12/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of P&W RSLâ€s Engineering / Quality Manager, at our facility in East Hartford, CT.
Do you possess the qualifications for this role?
Repair & Supplier Logistics (RSL) facilitates the connection of commercial and military customerâ€s aerospace service needs with P&W and external supplier capabilities to ensure the highest quality solutions for the most affordable prices at the lowest turn-times possible.
We are seeking a creative individual with sound judgment and hands-on experience to help our organization meet its aggressive goals and develop new revenue streams.
This position interacts with all levels of Aftermarket Supply Chain (ASC) Management as well as RSL customers and suppliers, and will report directly to the RSL General Manager.
- Industrialization of all new Fan Case repairs on PW4000 & GP7000 engine models.
- Procure and design specialized tooling & equipment as required.
- Act as the RSL focal point for all communications associated with new repair development.
- Develop process plan travelers for documenting work completed on fan case repairs.
- Provide timely supplier repair sourcing capabilities for customer repair inquiries and part repairs.
- Build Part Material Masters for all new material.
- Create and maintain repair service data base utilizing SAP Service Master transactions
- Provide sound technical recommendations to suppliers and customers as requested.
- Work closely with GSE engineers to develop and implement all pertinent Engineering Authorizations.
- Identify, analyze and publish RCCA plans for any Significant or Customer Quality escapes as well as monitor and manage RSLâ€s Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) performance.
- Manage RSLâ€s Quality Supplier Nonconformance system.
- Meet the objectives of the growing RSL business while supporting all ACE, EH&S, customer, quality, delivery, and financial goals within the organization.
- Collaborate with Programs, Customer Technical Services, Engineering, and Operations to assist in developing addition of repair capabilities.
- RSLâ€s fan case repairs are FAA regulated and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial Engineering or a related degree required.
- US Citizen is required.
- A minimum of 3 â€" 5 years engine center, repair shop or process engineering experience is required
- FAA Quality regulatory understanding and experience is also required.
- Turbine engine maintenance overhaul and repair or related experience is desired, as well as repair development or process engineering experience.
- Familiarization with FAA technical data such as CMM, Engine Manuals, Standard Practice Manuals, Service Bulletins and Technical Orders is strongly preferred.
- A&P license is a huge plus.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You can work with all levels of management, shop personnel and customers, and have key technical skills to drive operations, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Strong leadership skills, analytical thinking and strong customer focus.
- Thrive working in a high energy and fast paced service environment with the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372836
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering / Quality Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US