ME - Cost Reduction Intern - Summer 2020
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11361
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372211 Date posted 12/02/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) Program Office, which is a part of the Pratt & Whitney Military Engines Team, is seeking a talented and energetic student to join our organization as an intern during the summer of 2020. As the Program Office Intern, you will learn UTC systems and culture and support projects related to cost reduction with the primary focus on inventory management.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- P articipate in on-going cost reduction activities across all programs with engagement from quality, engineering, materials and the Engine Center
- Help to improve performance measurements through data analysis and strategy discussions
- Contribute to development of new inventory management concepts for the APU Â
- Work with teams to understand materials flow between multiple locations
- Work with teams to enhance existing data management tools
- Review current inventory levels and develop new inventory metrics
- Explore new tools utilized by other ME programs
- Participate in materials discussions and create plans to improve inventory turns
- Participate in program reviews and share ideas on how to improve the overall health of the programs
- Build presentations for and interact with leadership team
- Perform Ad-Hoc analysis as required
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- You must be pursuing an undergraduate degree, preferably with a concentration in Sales, Marketing, Business, Supply Chain or Engineering
- You are graduating between December 2021 to May 2023
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Critical/strategic thinking ability
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Working SAP knowledge is a plus
- P roficiency in MS Office tools, strong background with Excel and PowerPoint
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372211
Community / Marketing Title: ME - Cost Reduction Intern - Summer 2020
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US