F135 Electronic Controls Customer Support Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11355
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372074 Date posted 11/27/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions!
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The engine program that powers the F-35 has a high visibility position for a motivated, self-starting F135 Electronic Controls Customer Support Engineer. As part of Military Customer Support & Services, you will support customers in the field across three different US military services and multiple international customers.
F135 Electronic Controls Customer Support Engineer - P2
This role will be supporting the sustainment of the F135 propulsion system. The selected candidate will be working directly with the F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO), Pratt & Whitney Field Services Engineers and F135 Program Chief Engineers to address field issues.
Responsibilities within this position include:
- Lead Engineering Investigations for Main Engine Full Authority Digital Electronic Controls (FADEC), Lift System FADEC, sensors, igniters and solenoids. Engineering Investigation team consists of the F-35 Joint Program Office, Lockheed Martin, F135 Program Chief Engineers, PW Safety, CIPTs, Logistics Program Management (LPM) and Collins Aerospace
- Lead Reliability Investigations with internal Pratt & Whitney teams and Collins Aerospace
- Support Quality Investigations led by the PW Quality team
- Communicate hardware issues at internal and external System Integrated Product Team (SIPT) meetings
- Coordinate Time Compliant Technical Directives (TCTDs) and JTD changes for electronic controls hardware with the PW Joint Technical Data team and LPM
- Support various internal PW Safety Reviews
- Support internal Reliability Reviews
- Address field inquiries for domestic and internal customers
- Support Engineering Changes for electronic controls hardware
- Disposition Quality Notifications for production engines
- Support Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) Laptop cyber security continuous monitoring initiatives
- Support Engine Ice Protection activation tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical required
- 3+ years of experience in engineering, field service operations
- Experience with engine systems operations
- US Citizenship required due to Government contracts
- Experience with configuration managment
- U.S. Military Aircraft/Engine Maintenance or equivalent civilian training
- F135 Sustainment experience is desired
- Project management experience
- Flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness to the handle urgent field requests
- Strong organization skills with ability to effectively schedule and track issues to closure through written documentation
- Ability to perform multiple projects of varied size and scope
- Good communication skills to work in a team environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372074
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Electronic Controls Customer Support Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US