CE - Repair Industrialization Intern- Summer 2020
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11350
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372353 Date posted 11/27/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
GTF component repair industrialization intern. Â Manage closure to major industrial milestones and provide analytics support. Â Understand technical challenges and their impact to industrialization priority.
In this summer internship you will create standard work & communication package for OneAero implementation across Network DSP's. You will also support 3-4 repair development initiatives at a local repair facility.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Provide analytic support across all GTF industrialization initiatives
- Engage with Engineering on technical challenges and solutions to support industrialization
- Focus on closure of key milestones within a variety of high priority projects
- Support One Aero IT technical project
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Must currently be pursuing a bachelorâ€s or masterâ€s degree
- Fields of study: M echanical, Aerospace, Â Engineering or related Engineering field
- First year (Freshman) undergraduate coursework should be complete
- You are graduating between December 2022 to May 2024
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higherâ€<
How about these Preferred Qualifications?
- Experience in MS PowerPoint and Excel required
- Self-starter, who can prioritize to meet various deadlines
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and execute appropriate decision making in a fast paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills
- Results oriented, while being customer focused Ability to work within a team environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372353
Community / Marketing Title: CE - Repair Industrialization Intern- Summer 2020
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US