ME - Military Engines INTERN/CO-OP
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11341
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372372 Date posted 11/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Military Engines - Military Customer support and Services; Component Test and Software Group
This position is for an intern in the Military Customer support and Services; Component Test and Software group. The Component Test and Software Group is responsible for the development, test, and support of software and hardware Support Equipment for Commercial and Military Engine programs.
This internship position is within Pratt & Whitney's Component Test and Software group based in East Hartford, CT. The engineering intern will support F135, F119, F100, APU, Commercial NGPF and Legacy programs engine component test equipment in support of our global war fighter and Next Generation Commercial Engine customers. Specific engine program placement will be assigned according to business need.
The intern will be mentored by a senior engineer and assist by providing support for the following activities:
- Develop the test sequence for hardware and software integration
- Conduct the hardware and software integration tests
- Engineering support to suppliers developing support hardware
- Provide Technical Support on field issues when they occur
- Participate in supplier selection for new products
- Generate Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents as required
- Review and develop hardware and software drawings
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Undergraduate University
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering, Aeronautics, A&P Mechanic
- You are graduating between December 2021 to May 2023
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management skills
- Ability to work well with multi-disciplinary groups is required
- A working-knowledge of gas turbine engine operating theory, value stream mapping, standard operating procedures, root-cause analysis, mistake-proofing is desired
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management skills and the ability to work well with multi-disciplinary groups is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Operating Systems and Office
- Competent in general Windows/ Linux computer operation in order to test hardware and software integration
- Intern must possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with hydro-mechanical systems
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372372
Community / Marketing Title: ME - Military Engines INTERN/CO-OP
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US