Group - Military Engines Business Acquisition Center Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11321
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372073 Date posted 11/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Work with the Military Engines Business Acquisition Center of Excellence (BACE)Â on business process improvement and automation projects such as: automating workflows, building databases for proposal data, creating electronic, interactive information boards for proposal data.
Key projects & Responsibilities
- Specific projects to be identified based on the selected candidates background and experience with IT tools and databases.Â
- Candidate will work closely with BACE leadership and ME Business Acquisition teams to identify specific process improvement project to include automation of manual activities, improvement of communication systems and data mining and extrapolation.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- You're enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program
- Fields of study are: Business, Information Science/Computer Science; with interest in process improvementÂ
- You are graduating between December 2021 to May 2023
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint or Access
- Experience in process improvement activities in a business environment
- General IT systems, database development or other Automation tools for the workplace
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372073
Community / Marketing Title: Group - Military Engines Business Acquisition Center Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US