Supplier Quality & Development Manager M4
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 11320
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372276 Date posted 11/26/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Manager, Supplier Quality to be based in North Berwick, Maine.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Job Summary -
- Leads efforts to drive supplier quality and process improvements through the implementation of supplier quality improvement strategies of potential and existing suppliers.
- Develops and executes improvement plans with suppliers as required.
- Evaluates supplier certifications to ensure compliance to all standards as required by engineering drawings.
- Works with supplier organizations to rectify and improve OTP and quality issues. Develops and executes improvement plans with suppliers as required.
- Supports the site Engineering, Production, and Quality Assurance departments and, when necessary, assume a leadership role in investigating and correcting quality events or issues.
- Train and mentor supplier personnel to better understand Aerospace industry standards and key processes that are critical for being a successful supplier to PW.
- Reviews the capability and capacity of the supplier and informs management of significant gaps.
- Promotes design for manufacturability by working as a Manufacturing Engineer with suppliers. Aide manufacturing in the evaluation and qualification of new supplier materials following a defined new product development process.
- Partner with supplier development to support supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting PW requirements. Projects focus based on PW's ACE program (process capability/analysis, VSM, Lean Transformation, etc.).
- Actively manage suppliers to ensure no regression with the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Aide in the new, probationary and rejected supplier transition process.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformance relating to the product, process, and quality systems. Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Drive the "Zero Defect" culture within the supply base.
- Master's Degree with 3+years, Bachelor's Degree with 5+years, Associates Degree with 7+ years or a High School Diploma or GED with 9+ years of experience in Supplier Quality, Manufacturing, and/or Operations.
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to read and interpret Engineer Drawings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated skill and success in team leadership, facilitation and coaching skills
- An understanding of PW Quality procedures, Quality Management Systems, AS9100 and Regulatory Agency requirements
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management and external customers (DCMA, FAA)
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis and problem solving using Six Sigma, Red X, and process control tools
- Experience in using ACE tools to make process improvements in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead projects, develop, and mentor other leaders
- Strong ability to facilitate and motivate teams
- Analytical, problem solving, and mathematic skills
- Working knowledge of shop practices, policies and procedures governing manufacturing engineering support requirements as well as work instruction documentation for manufacturing processes
- Must be flexible relative to department assignment and availability for off-shift work
- Demonstrate flexibility/adaptability in high stress, ambiguous assignments
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritize
- Strong computer skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372276
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality & Development Manager M4
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US