EH&S - Environment, health & Safety Intern- Sustainability
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11310
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01371290 Date posted 11/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Pratt & Whitney Central Environment Health & Safety group is seeking a college intern to work on projects that support sustainability, environmental and compliance across the corporation. We are seeking a motivated individual with excellent academic performance that wants an opportunity to learn about EH&S program management at a leading large multinational aerospace company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with sustainable, environmental strategies, working cross-functionally with various team members and departments
- Utilize data collection and analysis tools for metrics and compliance
- Improve quality of EH&S systems.
- Assist with review and improvement of site initiatives
- Contribute to EH&S communications to disseminate, such as shop talks, alerts, and notifications
- Assist with other environmental programs as needed
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts (Green Card not acceptable).
- You're enrolled in an undergraduate degree program. Undergraduate coursework in sustainability, environmental science or a related field
- You're graduating December 2021 or later
- You have a GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Research and analytical skills
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other relevant software
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and complete high quality deliverables
- Positive attitude, creative, and high level of energy
- This is a high profile group with a lot of team interaction.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01371290
Community / Marketing Title: EH&S - Environment, health & Safety Intern- Sustainability
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US