Executive Administrative Assistant
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11307
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01372717 Date posted 11/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky is the limit
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you have the experience to join our Team?
This position reports to the Vice President, F135 Program. Upon hire, you will demonstrate sound decision-making and problem solving skills, as well as an ability to meet deadlines with minimal direction. The ability to maintain confidentiality and the highest level of ethics is imperative. An ideal candidate will be adaptable with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing executive calendar/schedule and provide advance notice on important meetings to support appropriate preparation
- You will coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings, reserve facilities and obtain or assemble supporting material
- Keeping executive apprised of all matters requiring timely action
- Planning and arranging complex domestic and international travel and process expense reports in a timely manner
- You will handle correspondence across UTC and key external stakeholders
- Provide support to the Media Bureau and Strategy & Planning teams
- You will also craft Word, Excel, and Power Point documents as required to fulfill assignments
- AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, or other 2 year relevant post high school training
- 6+ years of administrative experience, including experience supporting senior leadership
- 6+ years of demonstrated proficiency with computer skills, including experience in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, or other 2 year relevant post high school training required
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), attention to detail, and the ability to interact effectively across all levels of UTC as well as communicate to external partners
- Ability to be proactive and forward thinking in all areas of responsibility
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, and juggle multiple priorities concurrently
- Able to work under pressure to meet project deadlines/schedules
- A great teammate with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01372717
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US