CE - Aftermarket Supply Chain Data Analyst Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11304
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01371921 Date posted 11/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Commercial Engines develops, markets, sells and services Pratt & Whitney's portfolio of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) engines, including the company's Geared Turbofan engine family. The Aftermarket business maintains Pratt & Whitney and International Aero Engines (IAE) engines through a broad portfolio of maintenance, repair and overhaul services, material solutions and world class customer support.
Pratt and Whitney's aftermarket supply chain is seeking talented and energetic students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2020. This role will involve using a combination of programming and computational methods to create and maintain analytics requirements for Aftermarket Supply Chain in Commercial Engines. This role will cover a number of positions within the fields of data analytics.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to the following:
- Produce data, analysis, and visualizations supporting sourcing activities
- Create and tune ETL procedures using Python, VBA, SQL, etc.
- Statistical evaluation and model creation to evaluate supply chain
- Identify useful sources of data to create value added tools and analyses
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Fields of study are: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, and Economics or a related degree
- You are graduating between December 2021 to May 2023
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in aerospace and supply chain
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01371921
Community / Marketing Title: CE - Aftermarket Supply Chain Data Analyst Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US