Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11303
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01369582 Date posted 11/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Military Engines International Trade Compliance (ITC) team is looking for an experienced export control professional that will be responsible for working closely with the business to develop process solutions to ITC issues.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Export Authorizations Management: manage export authorizations International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) agreements, licenses, and exemptions; EAR licenses and exceptions), work with drafters to ensure timely submission and monitor status through the application, activation and management processes.
- Work closely with business unit customers and stakeholders to ensure that, for each application, all required information is obtained for applications and are complete and accurate.
- Support activation, management, and close-out of agreements and licenses.
- Maintain a good relationship with program counterparts and be aware of the program developments to ensure export authorization needs are recognized in advance and addressed on a timely basis to support on-going business activities.
- Provide Military Engines customers day-to-day guidance as well as formal training in trade compliance subject matter areas.
- Implement required standard work, coordinate export requirements with program and export management, ensure compliance with company policies and U.S. import and export regulations in relation to hardware, technical data, and defense services.
- Participate in Pratt & Whitney ITC activities including: audits, internal investigations, corrective actions, communications, training development, and implementation of key policies and procedures.
- Follow standardized processes to determine root cause and corrective actions for process improvements based on data, process failures and other related investigation recommendations.
- Participate, as required, in the ITC initiatives and process improvement projects to ensure that business unit needs and requirements are sufficiently addressed.
- Ensure that authorization users are trained and aware of the requirements and coverage of authorizations.
- Interact with foreign parties to ensure they are updated and trained as required.
Do you meet the basic requirements?
- Bachelor's DegreeÂ required
- 1 or more years of professional experience practicing law, developing contracts or applying general International Trade Compliance (ITC) knowledge
- Applicants who have no formal work experience but have a combination of advanced degrees and completed internships/co-ops can be considered
- US Person
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to perform in a fast paced environment
- Experience with the application and management of export authorizations including use of internal and external IT tools (SAP, D-Trade/SNAP-R/OCR-EASE, etc.).
- Experience and understanding of regulations governing international trade, and applying that to managing authorizations.
- Fundamental understanding of customs/import laws and non-U.S. trade compliance regulation and Export Control Reform.
- Proven effective utilization of ACE/continuous improvement tools to drive process improvements.
- Travel Required: 0-10%
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01369582
Community / Marketing Title: Specialist, ITC
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US