Process Engineer - Metallurgy
Location: Clayville, New York US
Job Number: 11297
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01368896 Date posted 11/23/2019 City Clayville State New York Country United States
United States of America
PW106: Clayville 2395 Main Street, Clayville, NY, 13322 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Process Engineer - Metallurgy Responsibilities:
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing new processes for the atomization and classification of Nickel based alloys.
- Creating new processes, performing yield analysis, conceiving and executing corrective actions to enable next generation products.
- Assisting operations in for low volume production efforts.
- Once processes are developed you will develop work instructions and process documentation.
- Serve as a focal point for customer contact for non-production orders. This will include estimating yields, delivery schedules, and compliance to all applicable regulations.
- Support Pratt & Whitney and UTC EH&S policies and procedures and actively support continuous improvement initiatives driven by the ACE operating system
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in thermo-mechanical processing of Ni/Fe/Co-base super alloys, through experimentation, technical literature review, interfacing with Material and Process Engineering lab and attending technical conferences.
- Provide technical support in resolving process non-conformances
- The job includes; statistical analysis, hands on experience with equipment such as sieves, and measurement tools.
Education: BS Degree
- BS Degree
- 3 years of hands-on experience in process or manufacturing engineering
- Experience in foundry methods and a production environment is required.
- US Citizenship required due to Federal Contracts
- Degree in Materials Science, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Experience in a material science role.
- The ideal candidate is a Material Scientist of Chemist with a strong interest in materials.
- Have experience in the powdered metal industry including gas atomization and powder sizing operations.
- Strong technical writing and oral presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving, planning and project management skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills at all levels.
- Comfortable being on the shop floor observing processes, providing guidance and interfacing with operators.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and requirements to shop floor personnel in a clear, concise manner.
- Embraces UTC ACE operating system to achieve continuous improvement.
- Support corporate initiatives promoting safety, continuous improvement, diversity, ethical behavior, employee engagement, and career development
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01368896
Community / Marketing Title: Process Engineer - Metallurgy
Location_formattedLocationLong: Clayville, New York US