EH&S Region Leader
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11286
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367138 Date posted 11/22/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity in East Hartford CT. The EH&S Region Leader is a member of the EH&S leadership team, serving as a key point of contact between the PW Central EH&S Department and each site within region.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
- Potential additional duties include region leader training and process development.
- Responsible for driving the culture and providing excellent customer support for all sites within a region.
- Maintain a considerate and reciprocal relationship with site leadership and staff to influence the design and rollout of key initiatives and drive site-level execution to achieve desired results.
- Responsible for cascading policy deployment improvement targets and strategic direction to Site General Managers, site EH&S Managers and site EH&S Councils.
- Provide strategic direction and influence, leadership, and technical support to advance EH&S programs, and provide oversight to help ensure all facilities are in compliance with local, state, in-country, and UTC/PW EH&S requirements.
- Assist site with implementation of the UTC EH&S management system. including, but not limited to: Data Management and Reporting; and Annual Planning; Training: EH&S Region Leader will lead the EH&S onboarding of new or transferred GMs and EH&S Professionals Incident Investigation
- Facilitate regulatory compliance, serious incidents, recordable and loss time investigations
- Validation of root cause and mistake proofing level Communications
- Establish routine communications with site EH&S managers
- Solicit and share best practices across the region and company
- Provide regular updates and communications with P&W EH&S leadership and staff Staffing and Employee Development:
- Assist in the Hiring and development of EH&S staff
- Support career development plans and performance reviews
- 30-50% amount of travel
- Bachelorâ€s degree required
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 10 years of professional work experience, with 7 yearsâ€ experience in EH&S with a bachelorâ€s degree or Masterâ€s degree with seven years of experience of professional work experience and EH&S experience
- BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Health & Safety or related technical discipline
- CSP ( Certified Safety Professional)
- Prior experience preferred in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Preference is for at least 3 years as Site EH&S Manager, directly supervising EH&S or other professionals
- Seeking highly motivated individual, with strategic leadership ability and excellent social and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to influence all levels of management to achieve desired results
- Change agent who anticipates potential issues and impact on the business, and dedicatedly resolve with minimal supervision
- Continuous Improvement experience e.g. ACE, Six Sigma, LEAN etc. strongly desired
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367138
Community / Marketing Title: EH&S Region Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US