CE - Commercial Engines Integrated Material Analyst Summer Intern 2020
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11280
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01370984 Date posted 11/21/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Commercial Spares & Material Solutions (CS&MS), a component of Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Commercial Engines business, is responsible for new and serviceable spare parts for gas turbine engines, driving material solutions for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) engine deliveries and providingÂ standardized materials management tools/metrics for global maintenance centers and repair services. Through effective internal and external partnerships, our work enables commercial airline customers to have the lowest overall cost of engine ownership via predictable/stable maintenance costs.
A key role within the Commercial Spares & Material Solutions organization, the Integrated Materials Solutions (IMS) intern will assist with a wide range of technical projects in support of Aftermarket Operations (AMO).Â The successful applicant will be part of a team tasked with ensuring material availability to support the aftermarket network.Â
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Support IMDS in improving data collection and reporting processes
- Learn and leverage business tools to integrate into our processes â€" e.g. Qlik, Digital Overhaul Management of Engines (DOME), Aletryx
- Cost analysis of material movement between production and aftermarket warehousing â€" with process recommendations to reduce cost
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government contracts
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program
- Pursuing B.A./B.S. degree required
- Fields of study: Operations related fields such as Engineering, Logistics, MIS, Operations, Business Analytics,Â Supply Chain, Quality or Manufacturing strongly preferred
- Must be graduating after December 2020
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Strong commitment and interest in a career within Operations
- Proactive and results-driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Capacity to lead, motivate and influence through effective communications
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01370984
Community / Marketing Title: CE - Commercial Engines Integrated Material Analyst Summer Intern 2020
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US