Sheet Metal Fabrication
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11279
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01371944 Date posted 11/21/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
- If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare 1st shift opportunity for a hardworking Sheet Metal Mechanic to be based in West Palm Beach, FL.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking for an exciting role that is integral to the success of our company? Opportunities exists on 1st shift for you to join us as our next Pipefitter!
Typical duties you will preform
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to provide quality work.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal.
- Safely utilize hand tools including, grinders, drills, hammers, punches etc..
- In depth knowledge and skill in a wide variety of measurement tools.
- Ability to create a drawing or sketch from an oral description of an object or objective.
- Capable to Read and Visualize three-dimensional objects from drawings, sketches, or blueprints.
- Understand basic math and be able to visualize 3d design.
- Ability to work in adverse conditions; Confined spaces; working at heights from ladders and/or man lifts; working with an aging infrastructure.
- Fit and assemble details using standard holding devices or devise simple tooling to hold and maintain dimensional features.
- Drill and screw, rivet, solder, spot weld, staple and tape or use standard locks, drives, seams, clips and connectors to join details. Fit, prep, set up and dress welds of items requiring welded joints. Assemble details in shop area or transport subassemblies to work site.
- Prepare area to accept items made, lay out and trim access holes, measure and locate position for hangers and brackets, make, position and anchor as required.
- Install items and secure in place, check and correct any areas of interference or recommend changes as required to overcome unforeseen difficulties which might necessitate remake or rerouting of intended systems such as might be encountered in installing duct work or sheet metal pipe.
- Insulate duct work or other items cutting material, gluing or stapling and taping as required.
- Work with standard hand and power trades related tools and equipment. Work throughout plant and outside areas.
- Occasionally operate fork truck or drive pickup truck to move and deliver materials to work site.
- Assist in other maintenance and construction work as required. Refer work difficulties to Group Supervisor or Foreman.
- Under direction of Leader/Supervisor make and repair sheet metal parts and assemble structures using welding, riveting, seaming and other standard metal joining techniques. Work from drawings and sketches or verbal descriptions to layout work, obtain material and tools and setup and operate metal forming and cutting equipment.
High degree of attention to detail and ability to provide quality work.
Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal.
Safely utilize hand tools including, grinders, drills, hammers, punches etc..
In depth knowledge and skill in a wide variety of measurement tools.
Ability to create a drawing or sketch from an oral description of an object or objective.
Capable to Read and Visualize three-dimensional objects from drawings, sketches, or blueprints.
Understand basic math and be able to visualize 3d design.
Ability to work in adverse conditions; Confined spaces; working at heights from ladders and/or man lifts; working with an aging infrastructure.
- Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Due to Government Contracts, you must be a US Citizen
- 1+ years experience working with Sheet Metal
- Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years experience working with Sheet Metal
- 1+ years experience with use of shop mathematics including trigonometry and geometry and the ability to work from complicated drawings and sketches.
- 1+ years experience with use of measuring instruments such as micrometers, scales, protractors, calipers and dividers. Preferred candidates will have 5+ years' experience in sheet metal fabrication and a familiarity with facility maintenance.
Strong Candidate Identified.Qualified Candidates encouraged to Apply
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01371944
Community / Marketing Title: Sheet Metal Fabrication
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US