CEC 2nd Shift CX Inspector
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11274
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01371048 Date posted 11/21/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking CX Inspector to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The principle duties of this position are to perform advanced inspection processes at Columbus Engine Center. Mastering the use of a variety of tooling and measurement equipment to accomplish inspection processes will be required. In addition, you will be required to troubleshoot the inspection flow process, using a variety of problem solving techniques. Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills are needed for a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrate Pratt & Whitneyâ€s culture and values
- Reflects a role model behavior in which others want to learn from, always does the right thing, able to make tough calls, takes ownership for the team, supports team participation and quality work product
- Acts in a mentoring capacity; openly shares skills and experiences with others to selflessly grow and develop team members
- Motivate and support others to help team achieve success
- Exhibit and maintain a friendly, professional demeanor while developing positive rapport with team members
- Inspect engine parts and modules to validate proper configuration
- Exhibit the ability to read/comprehend Engine Manual, Customer work scopes, and tolerances
- Provide complete and accurate documentation to support engine build.
- Meet production/inspection goals and objectives for the facility
- Complete and review Technical documentation including Fits and Clearances, Engine Inspection Report (EIR), and SAP.
- Complete and review engine package documentation.
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by following all policies and procedures, completing all required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities
- High school diploma or GED
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- A&P License, Military Training, Technical Training, or Jet Engine Inspection Experience
- A&P License or two years relevant experience preferred.
- Turbine engine overhaul, inspection and repair experience, preferred in one or more of the following disciplines: Disassembly, Inspection, Assembly.
- Ability to identify and resolve configuration and compatibility issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP
- ACE Basics and active ACE activity preferred (internal candidates only)
FAA Safety Sensitive Position
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01371048
Community / Marketing Title: CEC 2nd Shift CX Inspector
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US