Heat Treat Operator 4, 2nd shift
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 11272
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01369996 Date posted 11/21/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your manufacturing and technical experience to better use? If you are ready of a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do; this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry. Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
We have an opportunity for an off shift Forge Operator role at our Columbus, Ga location:
A team member at this level is expected to perform a variety of tasks related to forge/heat treat in a modern, manufacturing setting.
- This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions.
- Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement.
- Visually inspect forgings using a template.
- Measure thickness using micrometers.
- Measure concentricity using indicators.
- Able to read forge blueprint .
- Build heat-treat load per work instruction.
- Load/Unload furnace.
- Calculate time in furnace requirement.
- Understand load diagrams and instructions.
- Complete paperwork.
- Build positive Relationships
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ months of manufacturing experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Completed technical certificate or post secondary degree in technical field
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and quality procedures
- Possess extraordinary people and interpersonal skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01369996
Community / Marketing Title: Heat Treat Operator 4, 2nd shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US