Sr. Associate, Material Release
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11267
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01366457 Date posted 11/20/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Sr. Associate, Material Release This is an Alternate Work Week Schedule - Friday-Sunday
Responsibilities to include:
- Disposition incoming purchased material in accordance with established procedures by creating & maintaining test requirement files in an SAP material release system.
- Ability to process nonconforming material via the MRB process. Ensure compliance with Engineering drawings, Quality Assurance documents, specifications, and procedures.
- Analyze and resolve metallurgical, quality, and/or technical problems, including coordinating corrective action with Purchasing and suppliers.
- Establish MCL procedures, instructions, and testing requirements for purchased materials.
- Interface with Procurement, Engineering, Inspection, Module Centers, the NDT group and the supply base.
- Drive change, streamline processes.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years manufacturing environment experience
- Ability to interpret Engineering drawings, specifications, procedures.
- SAP experience
- Aerospace industry experience
- Degree in Metallurgical or other technical field
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including ability to focus on results/attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, drive issues to closure, keen customer focus, and ability to make informed decisions.
- Working knowledge of the SAP system.
- QRE/MRE material review board certification, NDT inspection, and knowledge of partnership agreements/quality plans a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01366457
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Associate, Material Release
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US