Group - Finance Analyst Co-op (HSMC) Amercon
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 11265
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01370103 Date posted 11/20/2019 City Middletown State Pennsylvania Country United States
United States of America
PW205: P&W Amercon - PA 181 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA, 17057 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
FP&A assistant to help with day to day process done at Amercon by the plant controller and working on writing down job requirement and standard work.
Seeking a candidate to help with all the function in the financial role at the Amercon plant of Pratt & Whitney in Middletown, PA. The areas of concentration are Payroll, month end closing task, track hours relating to direct charge employees, process invoices through the SBS system and a direct pay system, track P.O. and track and monitor all assets and capital spending. There will be other assignments as necessary. Will work with Corporate and have lots of opportunities for developing financial skills. Would like someone who is very computer savvy and detail oriented.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Process weekly payroll
- Complete end of month financial tasks
- Track hours worked (direct and indirect) on a monthly basis, DCI and Weekend break analysis
- Process invoices through E-Pay system
- Monitor and track open purchase orders
- Track fixed assets spending and inventory
- Help drive the reduction of accruals
- File documents
- May be required to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this position in support of department objectives and to develop one's skills
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship or permit resident green card is required due to government contracts
- You're in an accredited undergraduate
- Fields of study: Finance or Accounting
- You are graduating between: December 2021 - May 2022
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- SAP experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A degree or good course load in Accounting
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01370103
Community / Marketing Title: Group - Finance Analyst Co-op (HSMC) Amercon
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Pennsylvania US