Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11258
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01370169 Date posted 11/20/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for!
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to provide support to the Cold Section Mod Center and Global Supply Chain organization relative to improvement of suppliers' Quality. In addition, you will provide Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand key aspects of managing and assuring supplier Quality to support and achieve best-in-class supplier quality, delivery and service, while acting as primary Quality Engineer on a limited number of suppliers
- Maintain key relationships with suppliers' Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering and Procurement teams
- Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives at the supplier in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time
- Require suppliers to find root cause and implement corrective / preventive action on all escapes and high pain recurring quality issues
- Coordinate quality issues with PW Engineering and Supplier Engineering on supplier-designed components
- Support Vendor Corrective Action Board (VCAB) reviews
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of quality, manufacturing, engineering, operations, and/or aerospace experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to own quality performance metrics and drive the world class quality culture
- Request data from part prints/specifications, and then process that data into meaningful information on process capability
- Excellent Organizational Skills and ability to work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization
- Computer skills- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project
- Practical ACE/Six Sigma experience a plus
- Experience with SAP and other IT Quality system a plus
- Understanding of ASQR-01 / AS910
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01370169
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US