PWAA MRB Supervisor, QRC 2nd Shift
Location: Holt, Michigan US
Job Number: 11255
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01370659 Date posted 11/19/2019 City Holt State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW714: Holt MI 1780 Holloway, Holt, MI, 48842 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees have empowerment.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of an MRB Supervisor 2nd shift at Pratt AutoAir, in Lansing, MI.
With the growing customer demand for the Next Generation Power Family (NGPF) of engines, Pratt & Whitney Auto Air is expanding its team of quality professionals in direct support of facility expansion.
This role will follow customer requirements, regulatory requirements and corporate policies to ensure the production of compliant products.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Management of a team of Quality Inspectors responsible for overseeing the PWAA MRB / Quality Review Processes and ensuring compliance with all governing requirements
- Management of nonconforming material to include:
- Supporting preliminary review
- Resolving turn backs
- Overseeing return of nonconforming material to operations
- Proper storage of nonconforming material
- Support the Quality Clinic in managing supplier nonconforming material and escapes.
- Investigate nonconforming material to determine root cause, identify corrective actions and track efficiency.
- Review of engineering documentation to ensure it contains the necessary quality assurance and customer provisions and criteria.
- Serve as an issue resolution focal point that works with engineering, customer service support, and operations to drive continuous improvement in products and processes.
- Collect and analyze data to identify adverse trends and improvement opportunities.
- Disposition nonconforming material as the Quality Member of the Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
- Perform as an integrated team leader with engineering, customer service support, and operations to investigate and correct various quality issues related to internal non-Conformances, product returns, supplier issues, customer complaints and corrective action requests with clear and concise reports to customers.
- Participate on cross functional team projects to improve the overall organization and to develop a career path and leadership, with mentoring and assistance by the Quality Manager
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering / Science or related field required
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- CQA / CQE desirable
A minimum of 4 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment is required.
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Proficient with PC programs, Microsoft Office Suite including Visio and Access
- Strong Problem solving and statistical analysis using quality tools (Pareto analysis, statistical process control, multi-variant DOE, 8D, etc.)
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100, AS9102, ISO and FAR 145.
- Knowledge of Document Control and Calibration systems.
- Proficiency in SAP Quality Notification module
- Knowledgeable in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01370659
Community / Marketing Title: PWAA MRB Supervisor, QRC 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Holt, Michigan US